Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

New Blog Look


It's a bona fide fact. People look up to me. For no apparent reason, other than the fact that I'm crazy tall. I never asked to be tall, but it sure is awesome. Thanks God.


Ahem... so I let Captain Obvious write the first couple sentences for this post. He may not be as tall as I am, but he's about as  transparent as you can get. I don't care what people say about him he's still a great friend.

I'd like to talk about my ambitions for this year, and how they pertain to this new blog... I have been considering blogging more, as my Xanga is now RIP. 

In reality, we broke up... or rather, just grew apart. Relationships are the same way. If you don't spend time with someone, you eventually get so out of touch with their life that you don't even know that person anymore. 

The same thing is true with blogs as well as God. Let me explain.

God created us to love Him, and to be in relationship with Him. We can't really love God if we don't know Him, and the only way to know Him is though His word. You can't love God anymore than you love his His word.  You certainly can't obey Him more than you obey His word. 
His word is alive and tells us who He really is. Lots of us are in love with the idea or concept of God. We as christians, have been ingrained with the notion, (and rightly so) that we ought to love Him so we attempt to conjure up that "love feeling" on our own, then get distressed because the feeling fades and we can no longer feel God's love, or our love for Him. 
The reason we can't feel it, however, is because we don't take the time to get to know Him. We don't know Him until we read his word. It's similar to being in love with the idea of being in love with someone, talking about it, then not really taking time to get to know the person that we think we're in love with. We need to read, know and meditate on God's word in order to live and to love. It's tough. It will help me get closer to God this year. It will help me live an original life.

I've noticed. That when I write. I speak in more complete sentences and I are sound more american. Okay, really though.
The purpose of this blog is not to act stupid online, (I do that enough in RL) but rather to share what I hope will be some useful, interesting and occasionally humorous information.

Things I do not want my blog to become:

Cheesy, trite, or cliche one-liners.

A monotonous personal diary, updated hourly regardless of the triviality of new events. i.e.
  • 1/1/08 Stayed up till after 12.
  • 1-1/2-08 Woke up to post here.
  • 1/2/08 Slept in late.

What this blog is about:

At the same time, I wish to journal things that I have done so that when '09 rolls around, I'll look back and say, "Wow, look at all that happened this year. I couldn't have done better myself."

I want to script out my life so I can plan for a better future. As a man thinks in his heart, so he becomes.

Your input and encouragement as a fellow internet neighbor, is highly prized by yours truly.

It must be kind of random and zany. Occasionally bombastic. Like me. =D

I want to commit this blog to the will of my heavenly father.



Peace, to all my people... All 2 of you.


2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Anonymous said...
    bombastic Huh? well that works...lol I think your crazy!!!! lol (thats not a bad thing by the way)

    ok I love that picture..its great It kinda looks like whoever fixed the pic...shrunk sarah...lol thats ok thats how I look standing next to you! haha!

    so I am Like soooooooo hyper right now...so i decided that I would write you...and share my excitment/hyperness...lol anywho! so I realized that you had no Lack of comments...cause Your just cool like that or was I mistaken...hmmm? lol

    and NO!!!!! I am the only crazy one who plays a million instraments...lol rach only plys the violin and flute and a little piano...and my little sis only plays the violing and guitar...and my bro..well he plays the bass barley guitar, and some drums...(hes is his own band,ROFL)

    and yes its TSCHETTER!!!!but people call me cheese...haha not even becca nope its cheese...even my orchestra director calls me that...akward!!!!...lol

    curioustiy question...lol when you were talking about relationships in this blog...was that towards the whole xanga thing? lol if so NICE! if not I guess its ok...lol jk jk its still nice!!!

    LOL!!! you didnt sound so Oklahoma when You were here...lol I mean you kinda talk in full sentences..most of the time...well at least for the little bit that I talked to you...lol ok i think I might be done...lol

    I guess Ill ttys drew!

    becca~

    p.s. you stole my thing...YOU RED HEAD...lol (if that was offensive please tell me casue I wasnt meaning it that way...or maybe its not the red hair maybe its just the name andrew...lol long storey...between andrew barlow and I lol ok thats it you can stop reading now!

    p.s.2 Ok so I erased the last comment...casue I didnt think you would be able to understand what I was saying...casue I wrote it in a hurry and it came out all funky! lol so yeah!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Bravenet